If you hold a digital camera steady for a minute or so (in Movie mode), you get a still photograph with movement in it. Photographers have been “simulating” movement for a hundred years by registering blurs of more or less distinctness. Now they can get the detail and the movement at the same time, or during the same time–and time itself becomes a dimension of the photograph.
- National Poetry Daze
- Oblivion, waters of
- Goethe + Nazis; Surnames, Fate
- Approaching Toronto, pre-winter
- Poets, Occupists, NaNoWriMo-ists
- The Poets and the Occupists, part 2
- The Poets and the Occupists
- DM Fraser responds to Margaret Atwood in 1974
- Mr. Tubesteak and the School Teacher
- What is a cultural magazine?
- Word Cloud
- Father, dinner, spiritual machine, excremental
- Short day, long night
- The Coincidence Problem